Thank you, KellyDS!
The other day, KellyDS came out of Nowhere in Particular RA and nominated me for this neat little deal called the Liebster Award. As I understand it, this is a friendly initiative to encourage bloggers to reach out, discover new blogs, help promote other blogs, etc. The German word Liebster, we have on good authority, translates to favorite, or beloved. I was nominated! How kind is that? I find it interesting to ponder how quickly this could spread in *our* little blogging community… as I’ve already seen a bit of overlap in the nominations and we have a relatively small community of Armitage bloggers. Not that it’s limited to Armitage bloggers… but I’m afraid my nominations will have to trend in that direction, seeing as how I rarely look at other types of blogs.
So these are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog into your post.
- Answer 11 questions which you have been asked by the nominating blogger.
- Nominate 5 to 11 other bloggers who have less than 1.000 followers.
- Add a new list of 11 questions for the nominated bloggers.
- Paste these rules into your post.
- Make sure your nominees know about your post and their nomination.
* * *
Here are the questions that came from out of Nowhere in Particular RA:
1.) Is there a song that you like different versions, i.e.covers of? which is your favorite?
“Hallelujah” by Leonard Cohen. This one gives me chills almost no matter who sings it. But my favorite version is Leonard Cohen singing it. My kids think this low, raspy version is a scary Halloween song. Hallelujah/Halloween… no big difference. To give them credit… the lyrics ARE disturbing. Lol
2.) What is something you’re afraid of that you’d like to force yourself to face?
I’ve always wanted to write and publish a novel. But I’m afraid of the possibility of rejection.
3.) What is your favorite footwear of Richard’s?
Rocking the Thorin footwear.
Just kidding! Probably these —–>
Yum. Saw these on a google search… from meandrichard.wordpress.com
4.) What is your favorite photography subject to view? (flowers, buildings, etc. not RA 😀 )
I love photos of eerie landscapes, trees and forests. Also cool macro-images of life forms, like corals, shrimp, mushrooms, small creatures.
5.) What is a habit of yours that you’d like to break?
How embarrassing! I’m a scab picker. Yuck. Lol.
6.) Have you ever had a dream about Richard Armitage? share a short summary
Oh, have I! I’ve had several dream-scape encounters with RA. I’ve shared detailed accounts of these with my personal favorite being the time Richard Armitage- or was it Lucas North?- visited my vet office. (And played me like a violin.)
7.) What was the first professional play/musical that you saw and how did it affect you?
Mom took me to see Les Miserables when I was a teenager. I couldn’t get “I Dreamed a Dream” or “Master of the House” out of my head for weeks. Loved it. Went home and read it. Still do.
8.) What has been your least favorite pet that you’ve owned and why?
Probably my Brazilian Rainbow Boa. I’d had a very sweet/docile Columbian Red-Tailed Boa in college (all our friends called him “Puppy Snake” because he was so chill…) but he went with the boyfriend when we broke up. I got to vet school and wanted another snake, so I picked one I’d always admired for the sake of gorgeous iridescent coloration. Bad idea- it was an aggressive, scary snake, and it bit me every time I had to handle it!
9.) If you could insert yourself into a RA film as an original character, which would it be and how would you effect the outcome of the story?
Well, I think I’d like to be Elizabeta. But after a bit of wavering just for good form, I’d drop my new husband like a hot potato and return to Lucas in a heartbeat. Then we’d have no need to endure any more of Sarah’s horrendous accent than necessary because Lucas would be with me. Not to mention that this should prevent the whole Maya/John Bateman debacle and Lucas could just stay Lucas right up until the end.
10.) What is your favorite movie about classical mythology?
Obscura… help! I don’t know that I’ve even watched Troy.
11.) share a random Richard Armitage related confession
I’d be very interested to know what Richard Armitage is like with a baby or small children. I’d give anything to see how he interacts with the little ones. What I’d love the most would be to have a nanny cam on him while he babysat for me. How I’d love to see how he would contend with my very perverse but engaging six-year old boy, and my Swisher-smitten little three-year old daughter.
* * *
OK, so on to my nominations, and please know that I will absolutely not be phased if any of these bloggers don’t have the time or inclination to participate… it’s a busy time of year, and maybe this type of campaign is either not your thing, or you’ve already been nominated by someone else (at least one has, in this list =)…
me + richard armitage
Something About Love
Armitageitis – The Perpetual State of Being in Awe of Richard Armitage EDITED: She’s now on WordPress!
And my questions are:
1. How or why did you choose the name of your blog?
2. What is your specialty dish- that you’d cook for company, or take to a potluck?
3. If you were at a karaoke party with Richard Armitage, and Richard owed you a song of your choice, what would you have him sing?
4. If you had the opportunity to interview Richard Armitage, what question(s) would you pose?
5. Aside from any Richarding pursuits, what is your guilty pleasure?
6. Do you have a hobby, craft or artistic outlet, or one that you’ve always wanted to learn but don’t have the time for?
7. Are you an “animal person”? If so, tell me a little about your favorite pet, past or present.
8. Who is the funniest person you know?
9. I really love to read, almost anything well-written: fantasy, suspense, science fiction, legal/police procedurals, romantic novels and classics… except non-fiction, which isn’t my cup of tea. What works of fiction would you recommend a friend?
10. If Richard Armitage was to be cast in a remake of a classic or popular film or series, what role would you choose for him, and why?
11. I know Richard has said he would never do a reality TV show, but if he was to change his mind and appear (as himself), which one would amuse or delight you the most? If the thought of Richard in a reality TV show horrifies you, which one would horrify you the most?